Spartan Financial Partners (SFP) is a division of American Credit Acceptance (ACA). SFP’s business model is based on advancing money through a line of credit arrangement to Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) used car dealerships located across the United States. SFP secures a BHPH dealership line of credit by holding installment loan contracts and related vehicle titles as collateral.
The Auditor shall perform and execute audits related to ACA’s internal controls and its Line of Credit customers to ensure the reliability and integrity of information, compliance with policies and regulations, the safeguarding of assets, and efficient use of resources producing a detailed professional report of the audit.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Complete operational and field audits with 50 to 70 percent travel
• Assist with the development of audits to include audit objectives, scopes, programs, questionnaires, procedures, work papers, and timetables
• Perform audits, investigations, and other assigned auditing services in accordance with professional auditing and accounting standards
• Perform audits independently and objectively to add value and improve ACA operations bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls, and governance processes while presenting recommendations for client improvement in deficient areas through a final audit report
• Stays abreast of auditing, compliance issues, finance, and the BHPH industry by constantly searching for available information on the subjects via reputable media sources
• Use standard audit techniques to obtain corroborative evidence to support audit findings and recommendations
• Prepare organized, accurate, and competent work papers ensuring all documentation clearly supports the conclusions regarding each audit objective
• Evaluate the level of client’s adherence to SFP’s Line of Credit program requirements and compliance with certain governmental laws and regulations
• Report any control deficiency issues that may lead to increased risk exposure for SFP
• Work to form independent relationships with clients to help understand client’s business model
• Assist with the preparation of audit reports based on supporting work papers to communicate audit findings and recommendations to management. Perform special internal audit services as deem necessary, including working with the external auditors, and other duties as required
• Contribute to team effort through accomplishing other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in accounting or a related field of study with comparable accounting/auditing
• At least 2 years of financial institutional/ finance company experience within underwriting, accounting, or auditing experience preferred
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to lead meetings and discussions with senior management
• Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, , and PowerPoint. SQL preferable)
• Must be able to think analytically, independently, and objectively
• Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer or phone for extended periods of time as required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a work schedule of Monday through Friday with some schedule variations as needed. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business.
This position will require up to 60% travel.
ACA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ACA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.