The Sr. Manager, Internal Audit will report to the Vice President of Internal Audit. This position will be responsible for helping to develop the Internal Audit vision by establishing audit methodology and frameworks in alignment with ACA’s risk appetite. This position functions as a primary business advisor regarding enterprise risk for the company while managing a team of professional auditors. This position will oversee the Company’s Ethics Hotline in partnership with Human Resources and lead internal fraud investigations.
The Sr. Manager, Internal Audit continuously challenges the department status quo to enhance internal audit policies, procedures, methodologies, and best practices. Advises senior management on risk and control issues and provides practical recommendations to ensure risks are appropriately managed. This individual must be adept at obtaining multiple sources of useful information to support recommendations, anticipating challenges to Internal Audit priorities, and devising strategies to timely and adequately inform key stakeholders of audit results and risk mitigating strategies.
We are looking for professionals that will be strong leaders, excellent communicators, with outstanding problem sovling skills.
Will consider Manager level candidates.
• Develops the strategy for the department to provide timely and useful information to key stakeholders
• Develops and maintains strong relationships and communications with the key stakeholders including Senior Management and the Audit Committee, to ensure concerns are addressed and expectations met
• Approves and oversees reports and materials presented to the Audit Committee and the Executive team summarizing audit results and recommendations
• Partners with key business leaders to perform the annual Enterprise Risk Assessment and assists with the creation of the Annual Audit Plan presented to the Audit Committee for approval
• Partners with key leaders in assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with ACA’s business objectives and ensuring alignment with the ACA’s risk appetite
• Oversees the execution of the Annual Audit Plan
• Manages multiple, simultaneous risk-based and compliance audits, including operational, financial, vendor, technology, integrated Audits, to achieve overall engagement objectives
• Collaborates with management to ensure audit plans are aligned with business needs and key risk areas
• Monitors progress of engagements and report status
• Prepares audit reports that appropriately summarize the most significant control weaknesses and resulting impacts to the organization. Emphasis on actionable audit findings and recommendations that improve the internal control structure of the enterprise and assist management in improving operational effectiveness
• Recruit, hire and manage Internal Audit staff
• Direct and delegate special internal audit services as necessary, including working with external auditors, and other compliance personnel as required
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in business related field
• At least 8-10 years of auditing experience with 5-7 years of audit management experience required (financial institutional / finance company experience preferred)
• Detail oriented personality with strong aptitude towards technology and large data sets
• Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity
• Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results
• Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change
• Strong understanding of GAAP & COSO internal control framework
• CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CFSA or functional equivalent highly preferred
• Must possess excellent communications skills (written and oral); strong management skills, solid computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point); must be able to think analytically, independently and objectively; knowledge of SQL and Archer GRC platform is a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business.
Approximately 10% of travel is expected for this position.
ACA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ACA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.