This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users and ACA Network staff. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is initiative and judgment.
• Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
• Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from staff.
• Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including
associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
• Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
• Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
• Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
• Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.
• Experience supporting desktops.
• Knowledge of Active Directory.
• Basic networking knowledge required.
• Previous customer service experience highly desirable.
• A+ and Microsoft certifications preferred.
• Must possess excellent communications skills (written and oral); computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point); must be able to think analytically, independently and objectively.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to sit at a desk and work at a computer and/or phone for extended periods of time as required.
• Must be able to lift approximately 50lb of computer and/or networking equipment
American Credit Acceptance LLC reserves the right to modify, change, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is NOT an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will”. These job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.